Please click here for further information. Masks remain necessary for healthcare settings at present as per HSE.
….is still with us. If you have symptoms, please stay at home, get tested, & seek any necessary medical advice. Ongoing information at: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/covid19/
Please contact us in advance of attending the surgery if::
- You have symptoms of Covid-19 (high temperature, cough, shortness of breath or loss or change to your sense of smell or taste) or
- You or anyone in your household is on restricted/ isolated movements.
We expect our first deliveries here during the week beginning Sept 19th. Information on the Flu Vaccine available here.
We have been advised that the HSE is carrying out Flu Vaccinations this year for all who are housebound. We are awaiting further guidance on this.
Don’t forget the Pneumococcal/’pneumonia’ vaccine either! Info available here.
Booster vaccine doses are now being offered by the HSE. Please click here for more information. We are not partaking in the Covid-19 Vaccination Programme here at present.
You need to wait until after 4 months since your last COVID-19 vaccine or if you had Covid infection.
1st booster dose is now being offered to
- all aged 12 & older & also
- those with a weak immune system in the 5-11years old group.
2nd Booster dose is now available if you are:
- age 50 to 64
- 12 or older with a condition that puts you at high risk of serious illness from COVID-19 – for example, diabetes, asthma or heart disease
- pregnant (from 16 weeks)
- a healthcare worker – bring your work ID or a letter as proof of employment
- 12 or older living in a long-term care facility – this will be given where you live
Living Well Workshops
This is a free group programme (provided by the HSE) which runs online for 6 weeks as a 2 & a half hour weekly workshop. It is for anyone aged over 18 with at least one longterm health condition, or their Carer. It’s not suitable for people with significant memory or learning difficulties.
I would recommend to anyone interested to look further into this, with further information available here: https://www.hse.ie/eng/health/hl/selfmanagement/living-well-programme/ If you scroll down to CHO5 on this page, you will see details of upcoming courses for this area, including how to book same.
We are delighted to have been able to move into the new extension in late Spring. This HSE building was originally built in the early-mid 1970’s & hopefully will continue to serve the area for many more decades to come. Much gratitude to all who have brought about this significant development.
Much gratitude to everyone in our Practice Team – for all the work during both the Covid Pandemic & also during Building Works.